Janelle Collins is a Credentialed Diabetes Educator and Registered Nurse who has 14 years’ experience in working with people of all ages who have diabetes.
Janelle provides education and support which enables people with diabetes to gain control over their condition as well as make informed choices about their management.
Janelle also provides practical instruction in diabetes self-management such as insulin injections, blood glucose monitoring and specialises in insulin pump therapy and continuous glucose monitoring.
- Bachelor of Nursing University of Sydney, Cumberland Facility of Health Sciences 1998
- Graduate Certificate of Diabetes Education and Management, University of Technology Sydney 2000
- Master of Nursing (Clinical Studies), University of Sydney 2005
- Credentialed Diabetes Educator (Australian Diabetes Educators Association)
- Medtronic Accredited Certified Pump Trainer
- St George Hospital Diabetes Education Centre, Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Diabetes Australia, NSW adult and paediatric diabetes educator
- Children’s Hospital Westmead, Diabetes Clinical Nurse Consultant
- Illawarra Diabetes Service, Clinical Nurse Consultant
- Private Practice Southern Endocrine
- Interests outside medicine: Travel, Skiing, Tennis
Janelle also practices from other locations. More information can be found at www.southsidediabetes.com.au
Reimbursement for diabetes education services is available through Medicare with an eligible Chronic Disease Management Plan from a G.P, Department of Veterans Affairs and a number of private health funds.