Dr Rashmi Narayanan graduated with honours from the University of NSW. She has worked at Nepean Hospital and Concord Repatriation General Hospital, as well as the Khoo Teck Puat Hospital in Singapore.
Dr Narayanan completed 2 years of the 4 year B Pharmacy program at University of Sydney, her junior doctor training at St George Hospital, basic physician training at Concord Hospital and Endocrinology training at Concord, Nepean and Campbelltown Hospitals.
Areas of interest are general endocrinology – including thyroid, adrenal and pituitary disorders; diabetes, gestational diabetes and metabolic bone disease.
Dr Narayanan regularly attends national and international endocrinology and diabetes meetings of the Endocrine Society (USA), Endocrine Society Australia and the Australian Diabetes Society as well as participating in the education of trainees and supervision of junior doctors.
- B Sci (MBBS) with Honours Class 2 Division 1
- Admitted to Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians 2012
- Placed on the 1999 Dean’s honour list for outstanding academic achievement during the second year of B. Pharmacy
- Presentations at hospital department meetings, medical grand rounds, Endocrine society Australia
- Involved in lab work research project 2012-2013
- Received Campbelltown Hospital teaching award in 2012 for Registrar teacher of the year
- Interests outside medicine: reading, badminton, music, classical dance