Linda combines her clinical and research experience and training to offer specialized psychological services for people with diabetes, their families and health professionals.
Linda is also active in medical psychology research, focusing on diabetes distress, doctor-patient communication and media communication. She regularly attends + presents at the Australian Diabetes Society and American Diabetes Association scientific conferences, as well as being an invited speaker for patient and health professional groups. She is writing and teaching future generations of diabetes health professionals on how to incorporate the psychological needs of people with diabetes into routine diabetes management and care.
- Private Practice – Diabetes + Medical Psychology Services – established 2005
- Senior Clinical Psychologist hospital positions in Endocrinology and Respiratory Medicine 2000 – 2004
- University of Sydney Lecturer 2000 ongoing
- Clinical psychology training during Postdoctoral Fellowship (Harvard Medical School) based at Joslin Diabetes Center, BWH and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute,1998-1999
- Awarded PhD in Medicine (Endocrinology), University of Sydney, 1996 for research on Doctor-Patient Communication in Diabetes
- Board Registered Psychologist since 1993
- Trained in research – NHMRC Research Scholarship and NHMRC Travelling Fellowship (1989 – 1993), Department of Medicine, University of Sydney
- Graduated with B.A. Hons, University of Sydney 1986
- Interests outside medicine: show jumping and eventing my young horse, beach and bushwalking, pastoral care and spending time with friends.
Find links to Dr Beeney’s research and publications on